Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend in Review

Wow, what a busy weekend. First, on Saturday, we had a yard sale. Sadly, not many people wanted my junk, so I still have a garage full of stuff AND I didnt get to go out and look at other people's junk because i was trying to get rid of my own.

The weater was great. It was the first sunny weekend that we have had for a long time. I did get some stuff done that required me to be outside. I love to be out in the sunshine. My little Peanut's toes started webbing, she spent so much time in the pool.




My black outdoor chairs rusted over the long winter, so the Big One helped clean them up and I put a fresh coat of paint on them.  Unfortunately, I failed to take the cushions in over the winter,so i will have to find time to either recover or replace them.  They look great now, just waiting for cushions and a group of people to enjoy the backyard!

I also worked on my dresser project.  This is a "before picture."  I bought it at a yard sale for $5.00.

I've started painting it.  Going with an Antique White.  I took a couple of the drawers out yesterday to paint and I guess the sun was too hot because the paint cracked.  I am not trying to decide if I love the paint or hate the paint.   Here is what it looks like



I'd love to hear opinions... like it??  hate it??  should I crackle the rest, or sand it and start over??

All in all, it was a great weekend.  I still have lots of projects to do, but I am making progress one day at a time! 

Here it he best part of the weekend...The Peanut and her friend, just after the Barnyard Moosical!  They were Funky Chickens!  You don't find that kind of quality entertainment just anywhere!






No comments:

Post a Comment