Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Garden

After years of threatening to do it, I finally planted a garden this year.  I have to admit that i listen to Martha Stewart Radio all day at work and in my car, and all of the gardening talk inspired me.  I decided that the best way to start was to build raised beds.

After the weather became more mild, and when I have a little extra time, the Peanut and the Big One helped me move the boxes to the backyard and get out goodies planted.


We planted tomatoes, corn, beans, lettuce, cucumbers, celery, peppers, cantaloupes and watermelon.  LOL, if it all comes in, I am going to have a mess, but we started planting and just couldn't stop.  Here is the garden as of this weekend.
Some critters ate most of the lettuce, but look at these tomatoes!  We are going to have a feast when we gather our "crops."

Until next time,

Frances

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Nothing better than veggies straight from the garden and onto the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh, this looks fantastic. I am so not good at gardening...but you have inspired me to think about doing this next year!! :)

    ReplyDelete