Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Rivers are Going Down!!

It is great to see that the flood waters are receeding and maybe life will start getting bad to normal.  It's seems like I am going through a period of "trying to do the right thing."  I am trying to make the right decisions at work, to get the best returns for our hotels.  I am trying to do the right thing for my children, in many ways, like providing the best education for them and having the right balance of discipline and "friendship".  I'm trying to make the right decisions about new opportunities to make extra money. 

So, what do I do??  I have to choose to trust.  Trust who, you ask.  I have to trust God.  I have to trust that with His help and guidance, I will make the best decisions in all aspects of my life.  Is it easy?  No, it is not easy to let go of the control in your life.  In fact, it would be fair to say that it is a struggle, but I am trying to learn.  It reminds me of a poem that I was introduced to in high school:

Let Go and Let God

As children bring their broken toys with tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God because He was my friend.
But then instead of leaving Him in peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help with ways that were my own.
At last I snatched them back and cried,
"How can you be so slow?"
"My Child," he said, "What could I do?
You never did let go."

I love these words and the comfort that they bring... and trust that I will make the right choices!!

Until next time,

Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment