Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Let the Organizing Begin

This year I have made some real goals for myself.  One of the biggies is to get my house organized.  The truth is, I am lazy!  I work so many hours and travel so much, that I make excuses about why I don't have time to do things the way that they should be done.  I am going to stop that this year. 

My first project was my laundry room.  I love to read the blogs and look at pictures of how people have their laundry rooms organized and decorated.  Now, I may NEVER decorate my laundry room, but it definitely needed to be purged and re-organized!

This is where I started....




 Stuff everywhere.  The room became one of the places to shove things that didn't have a place to go.
 Sadly, a good part of that laundry was clean!
Shelves loaded with more junk and the cabinets had so much stuff I just had to start over. 


This transformation had to overflow to my big "junk" cabinet in the kitchen.


After...notice the serious lack of crap!



I even have a place to put my vases now.  I moved some of the appliances that we don't use often from the "junk" cabinet to the laundry room.  Since stepgirl has moved out, I was able to hang all of my table linens in her closet, rather than cram them on a laundry room shelf.  Oh... and I actually got around to putting shelf liners down.  I'm so proud.




My kitchen cabinet how has a place for all of our Shaklee supplements (you know I sell Shaklee, right??), a different basket for medicine and a place for paper plates and such.


Its all about baby steps for me and this was my first step.  I feel so good about it and have been able to keep it up.  I plan to work a little each day on a different room until I can feel good about my whole house.

I'll be back soon with my next project.

Until next time, 

Frances 

No comments:

Post a Comment