Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Valentine Recap

Valentine's Day in Blogland has inspired me to do some fun projects with the Pnut.  I saw this blog with the "Love Blossom Tree" and I thought... I can do that!  You can see the blog here.  So, at the first free moment, the Pnut and I headed for the craft room.  She was clearly thrilled to get to play with paint and hang out with her mom!

 Look at the joy on this kids face!

 Brown paint on the hand and arm.

 Pink and red thumbprints for the leaves.  So cute!  We made one that I framed for my mantel, gave one to Nana Jo and sent one to Aunt Connie.  Why not share the joy, right?!?

I also saw several different versions of personalized Valentine's for the kids to exchange at school.  So, we pulled out the camera and had a little photo shoot.
 Cheese!!

 My personal fave...


 And since this kid has never met a camera that she didn't like... she started coming up with her own poses and jumps.  Please disregard the basket of laundry between her legs!

 The final products.

 So cute!

And this is my personal favorite.  It definitely shows her personality!

We did her cards at the end of January, on a day that I had some extra free time (trust me, that doesn't happen often!)  She was so excited about taking them to school, it just about killed her to wait two weeks till Valentine's Day.

Now, you might ask the question... isn't there another child in this household??  Why, yes there is, but she is 13.  For those of you with teenagers, that explains everything.  She is far too cool to be involved in crafting or cooking with her mom.  That would mean that she would have to leave her bedroom, put down her phone or take her earbuds out of her ears.  She did, however, have a Valentine's dance last Thursday.  Mom was cool enough to be in charge of curling hair and driving to the dance.

Isn't she beautiful??

Of course, her best friend came over to get ready with her.


Let me tell you about the deal I got on this dress!!  I'll forgo the details, but tell you that I bought it at Macy's and it cost $8.25 including tax!!  Yep, I am a bargain shopper!


Well, Valentine's day is over.  The stuff is put away and I am working on some cute decorations for St. Pat's!  This is fun!


Until next time,

Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment