Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Our Valentine's Day Treat

I have been having such a good time in blogland.  I follow so many blogs and am getting so many great ideas.  I'll show you some of the projects soon.  The Pnut and I are having a good time doing things together. 

I found this blog about a Guilt Free Valentine's Cupcake.  You can see it here.  Very simply, you take a strawberry cake mix and mix it with 12 oz. of diet lemon/lime soda.  Sounds good and easy, right?  Well, off to the grocery store that I go, ready to get my cake on.  When I got there, I realized that I would much rather make it with a sugar free cake mix, because hubby is diabetic.  So I grabbed a sugar free Devils Food cake mix.  Now, somehow mixing that with a lemon/lime soda didn't sound too appealing....

Pillsbury Moist Supreme Sugar Free Devil's Food Cake Mix, 16 oz. (Pack of 6)
So what do do??  Being from the South, I've heard about Coca Cola cake all my life, so the logical choice was....

Image Detail
It was as easy as that.  Mix the cake mix with 12 oz. of diet coke!  Yum!!

We mixed it up and but the batter on a cookie sheet... I had a plan, you see!  Once the cake cooled, The Pnut and her sleepover buddy used heart shaped cookie cutters to cut out the cake.


  We cut out two different sizes of hearts. 

 Yum!!  The crumbs were the reward for cutting out the hearts!

 On Valentine's Day, we added a little red food coloring to some Fat Free Cool whip.

 Then we assembled our chocolatey goodness!

 The Pnut looks delirious with Valentine's delight!


The final product... with pink Cool Whip, some red sugar sprinkles and a Conversation Heart. 


It was delicious, sugar free, and low calorie.  By my best estimation, each helping was about 100 yummy calories.  Definitely something we will do again.

I'm looking for more low calorie, sugar free, tasty treats... do you know of any??  Please share if you do.

Valentine's recap coming soon...

Until next time,

Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment